How to Apply
Visit one of our open enrollment events to apply for your child to attend Head Start, or call our office at (574) 393-5864 to schedule an appointment.
To process your Head Start application, the documents/information listed below are needed. Please bring the documents/information with you when you apply at an Open Enrollment event or at our office.
- Birth Certificate – a copy is required.
- Immunization Record – (if child has not been immunized, please see the doctor first).
- Income records from most recent full tax year (preferred: tax return, or W2, public assistance, etc.)
- Most recent proof of income (check stub, child support record, public assistance statement, etc.)
- T.A.N.F. (current 12 months printout).
- Medicaid or Hoosier Health Wise number for child and primary adult.
- Child Support (current 12 months printout).
- Private Insurance name and number if child is covered under a family plan.
- Name, address and phone numbers of Childs medical and dental doctors.
- 3 Emergency Contacts: names, valid & working phone numbers and addresses.